This Studio Workshop of the BKstylecode is focused on understanding fashion, business and tech, how they work together and how to leverage them to build your brand.
The Studio Workshop is designed as a hands-on guide to empower the local designer in the management of their line. For others it ‘s an opporunity to engage in the process first hand and truly understand what is entailed!
Designers will have access to all patterns within our planned OPEN SOURCE library of silhouettes. The hands-on experience is gained by designing a conceptual line, whose patterns are then open sourced to the community for commercial use, thus avoiding creative and privacy concerns that prevent some local brands from participating in vitally needed training. This format will also provide basic blocks and patterns for participating labels to build upon.
Among other things, this intensive studio session focuses on:
- Identifying and meeting customers’ needs and desires
- Establishing sales goals and strategies
- Optimizing your branded creative design elements
- Managing and increasing your production line output and effective budgeting
- Establishing creative and quality control guidelines
- Pricing and positioning for profit
- Address local production alternatives
- Packaging, marketing and sales collateral
- Making technology work for you and your company
Studio Workshop sessions will be led by designers Bonnie Sandy and Lawrence Pizzi with support from designers specializing in local design and production. The bios of workshops leads will be added shortly.
This ticket is valid for all 5 days
Monday, September 15, 2014 – Friday, September 20, 2014 from 11:00am – 5:00pm.
It will also cover the Friday event, Meet the “BYOR”
Present, show and sell at Meet the “BYOR”- add technology to your sales
- Show and sell Prep 5:00pm – 8:00pm – Designers set up and sales workshop
- Show and sell 8:00pm -12:00pm to attendees as they shop and swag our Bkstyle Pop-up event
Non-refundable Early bird tickets will help fund this conference by and for the local creative cottage sector. In case of emergency, please contact organizer Bonnie Sandy via form or via phone (646 736 2984) Brooklyn Fashion Week in association with VIPS (Vested Interest Partners & Sponsors) presents #BKStylecode2014 a conference by and for the local creative cottage sector. BKstylecode explores OpenSource peer to peer models for solutions in economic development around local lifestyle sector.
We are leveraging the intersection of local culture, the social paradigm of the conversation prism and emerging technology to sustain the customer development thus addressing its #Stratupdiversity challenges and opportunities in the local supply chain.
As we approach the dates (September 14 – 21, 2014) look for updates and confirmations of event speakers on BrooklynFashionweek.com . Please address any questions via our CONTACT FORM